- Amazon Author Page
- A Best Practice Guide to Assessment and Intervention for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Book Reviews: A Best Practice Guide to Assessment and Intervention for Autism Spectrum Disorder in Schools (2nd Edition)
- Faculty Bookshelf: Autism Resource Guide
- A Self-Help Guide to Managing Anxiety and Depression on the Autism Spectrum
- Online Autism Continuing Education Course
- Autism Continuing Education (CE/CEU) Courses
- Best Book Awards Finalist - Overcoming Anxiety and Depression on the Autism Spectrum
- Autism Spectrum Disorder in Children and Adolescents: Evidence-Based Assessment and Intervention in Schools
- APA School Psychology Book Series - Autism in Schools: Evidence-Based Assessment & Intervention
Top 10 Most Popular Best Practice Posts
Fears and Phobias in Autistic Children Anxiety disorders are a frequent co-occurring (comorbid) problem for children and youth...
Review: Social Responsiveness Scale, Second Edition (SRS-2) The second edition of the widely administered Social Responsi...
Best Practice Review: ADOS One of the most widely used observation instruments for the assessment of autism is ...
What is Theory of Mind? Synonyms Empathizing; Mentalizing; Mindreading; Perspective taking Definition The abilit...
Best Practice Review: CCC-2 As a group, higher functioning students with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) tend...
Managing Holiday Stress The holiday season can be a stressful time of year for everyone, especially for parents of chil...
Understanding Affective and Cognitive Empathy in Autism One of the most common myths about autistic individuals is that they d...
Best Practice Review: The Pragmatic Language Skills Inventory (PLSI) The assessment of communication skills is vital ...
The Childhood Autism Rating Scale, second edition (CARS 2), consists of two 15-item rating scales completed by the practitioner a...
Best Practice Review: The Gilliam Autism Rating Scale: Second Edition (GARS-2) The GARS-2 is a revision of the widely us...
- ▼ 2020 (20)
- ► 2019 (10)
- ► 2018 (28)
- ► 2017 (41)
- ► 2016 (26)
- ► 2015 (18)
- ► 2012 (16)
Best Practice Books
- Attwood, T. (2006). The complete guide to Asperger’s syndrome. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Baker, J. (2008). No More Meltdowns: Positive Strategies for Managing and Preventing Out-Of-Control Behavior. Arlington, TX: Future Horizons.
- Baron-Cohen, S. (2008). Autism and Asperger syndrome: The facts. New York: Oxford.
- Bashe, P. R., & Kirby, B. L. (2005). The OASIS guide to Asperger syndrome: Advice, support, insight, and inspiration. New York: Crown Publishing.
- Bellini, S. (2006). Building Social Relationships: A Systematic Approach to Teaching Social Interaction Skills to Children and Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Other Social Difficulties. Shawnee Mission, KS: Autism Asperger Publishing Company.
- Gabler, Martha (2014). Behavior Basics: A Primer for Autism Parents [Kindle Edition]. TAGteach International.
- Gaus, V. L. (2007). Cognitive-behavioral therapy for adult Asperger syndrome. New York: Guilford.
- Grandin, T., & Moore, D. (2015). The Loving Push: How Parents and Professionals can Help Spectrum Kids Become Successful Adults. Arlington, TX: Future Horizons.
- Hammer, C. (2016). Autism Parenting: Practical Strategies for a Positive School Experience: Over 300 tips for parents to enhance their child's school success. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Klin, A., Volkmar, F. R. & Sparrow, S. S. (Eds.). (2000). Asperger’s syndrome. New York: The Guilford Press.
- Koegel, R. L., & Koegel, L. K. (2006). Pivotal response treatments for autism: Communication, social, and academic development. Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes Publishing.
- National Research Council (2001). Educating children with autism. Committee on Educational Interventions for Children with Autism. C. Lord & J. P. McGee (Eds). Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- Ozonoff, S., Dawson, G., & McPartland, J. (2002). A parent’s guide to Asperger syndrome and high-functioning autism: How to meet the challenges and help your child to thrive. New York: Guilford Press.
- Stone, W. L. (2006). Does my child have autism? A parent’s guide to early detection and intervention in autism spectrum disorders. San Francisco, CA: Jossey Bass.
- Twachtman-Cullen, D., & Twachtman-Bassett, J. (2011). The IEP from A to Z: How to create meaningful and measurable goals and objectives. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Twachtman-Cullen, D., & Twachtman-Reilly, J. (2003). How Well Does Your Child's IEP Measure Up? Quality Indicators for Effective Service Delivery. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Volkmar, F. R., Paul, R., Klin, A., & Cohen, D. (Eds.) (2005). Handbook of autism and pervasive developmental disorders (3rd. ed.) (Vols. 1 & 2). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Wilkinson, L. A. (2010). A Best Practice Guide to Assessment and Intervention for Autism and Asperger Syndrome in Schools. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Wilkinson, L.A. (Ed.). (2014). Autism Spectrum Disorder in Children and Adolescents: Evidence-Based Assessment and Intervention in Schools. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Wilkinson, L. A. (2015). Overcoming Anxiety and Depression on the Autism Spectrum: A Self-Help Guide Using CBT. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Wilkinson, L. A. (2017). A Best Practice Guide to Assessment and Intervention for Autism Spectrum Disorder in Schools (2nd edition). London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Wilmshurst, L. & Brue, A. (2010). The complete guide to special education: Expert advice on evaluations, IEPs, and helping kids succeed (Second Edition). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Best Practice Resources
- American Psychiatric Association
- Autism Society of America
- Autism Speaks
- Best Practice Autism
- Cambridge University, Autism Research Centre
- Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- First Signs
- Indiana University, Indiana Resource Center for Autism
- Living Autism
- National Autism Center
- National Autistic Society
- National Institute of Student Health and Human Development Autism
- National Institute of Student Health and Human Development Autism
- National Institutes of Health Autism Research Network
- National Professional Developmental Center for Autism
- National Research Council
- Nova Southeastern University, Mailman Segal Institute
- Organization for Autism Research
- Research Autism
- Sensory Bounce® Therapy
- University of California, M.I.N.D. Institute
- University of Kansas, Kansas Institute for Positive Behavior Support
- University of Michigan, Autism and Communication Disorders Center
- University of North Carolina, Treatment and Education of Autistic and Related Communication
- Yale Student Study Center Developmental Disabilities Clinic