- Amazon Author Page
- A Best Practice Guide to Assessment and Intervention for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Faculty Bookshelf: Autism Resource Guide
- Book Reviews: A Best Practice Guide to Assessment and Intervention for Autism Spectrum Disorder in Schools (1st & 2nd Editions)
- A Self-Help Guide to Managing Anxiety and Depression on the Autism Spectrum
- Continuing Education Course for Psychologists, Counselors, SLPs, OTs, & Social Workers
- Autism Continuing Education (CE/CEU) Courses
- Best Book Awards Finalist - Overcoming Anxiety and Depression on the Autism Spectrum
- Autism Spectrum Disorder in Children and Adolescents: Evidence-Based Assessment and Intervention in Schools
- APA School Psychology Book Series - Autism in Scho...
Top 10 Most Popular Best Practice Posts
Best Practice Review: ADOS One of the most widely used observation instruments for the assessment of autism is ...
Fears and Phobias in Children on the Autism Spectrum Anxiety Disorders are a frequent co-occurring (comorbid) problem for ch...
Best Practice Review: Social Responsiveness Scale, Second Edition (SRS-2) The second edition of the widely administered S...
Can School Professionals Diagnose Autism? Since Congress added autism as a disability category to the Individuals with Dis...
The Childhood Autism Rating Scale, second edition (CARS 2), consists of two 15-item rating scales completed by the practitioner a...
Best Practice Review: The Pragmatic Language Skills Inventory (PLSI) The assessment of communication skills is vital compo...
The Autism Spectrum Rating Scales™ (ASRS ® ; Goldstein & Naglieri, 2009) are designed to measure behaviors, symptoms, and feat...
Best Practice Review: The Gilliam Autism Rating Scale: Second Edition (GARS-2) The GARS-2 is a revision of the widely us...
Self-Management for Learners on the Autism Spectrum The dramatic increase in the number of school-age...
Introduction Children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) frequently have co-occurring (comorbid) psychiatric conditions, ...
- ▼ 2018 (22)
- ► 2017 (25)
- ► 2016 (47)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2012 (39)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (13)
Best Practice Books
- Attwood, T. (2006). The complete guide to Asperger’s syndrome. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Baker, J. (2008). No More Meltdowns: Positive Strategies for Managing and Preventing Out-Of-Control Behavior. Arlington, TX: Future Horizons.
- Baron-Cohen, S. (2008). Autism and Asperger syndrome: The facts. New York: Oxford.
- Bashe, P. R., & Kirby, B. L. (2005). The OASIS guide to Asperger syndrome: Advice, support, insight, and inspiration. New York: Crown Publishing.
- Bellini, S. (2006). Building Social Relationships: A Systematic Approach to Teaching Social Interaction Skills to Children and Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Other Social Difficulties. Shawnee Mission, KS: Autism Asperger Publishing Company.
- Gabler, Martha (2014). Behavior Basics: A Primer for Autism Parents [Kindle Edition]. TAGteach International.
- Gaus, V. L. (2007). Cognitive-behavioral therapy for adult Asperger syndrome. New York: Guilford.
- Grandin, T., & Moore, D. (2015). The Loving Push: How Parents and Professionals can Help Spectrum Kids Become Successful Adults. Arlington, TX: Future Horizons.
- Hammer, C. (2016). Autism Parenting: Practical Strategies for a Positive School Experience: Over 300 tips for parents to enhance their child's school success. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Klin, A., Volkmar, F. R. & Sparrow, S. S. (Eds.). (2000). Asperger’s syndrome. New York: The Guilford Press.
- Koegel, R. L., & Koegel, L. K. (2006). Pivotal response treatments for autism: Communication, social, and academic development. Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes Publishing.
- National Research Council (2001). Educating children with autism. Committee on Educational Interventions for Children with Autism. C. Lord & J. P. McGee (Eds). Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- Ozonoff, S., Dawson, G., & McPartland, J. (2002). A parent’s guide to Asperger syndrome and high-functioning autism: How to meet the challenges and help your child to thrive. New York: Guilford Press.
- Stone, W. L. (2006). Does my child have autism? A parent’s guide to early detection and intervention in autism spectrum disorders. San Francisco, CA: Jossey Bass.
- Twachtman-Cullen, D., & Twachtman-Bassett, J. (2011). The IEP from A to Z: How to create meaningful and measurable goals and objectives. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Twachtman-Cullen, D., & Twachtman-Reilly, J. (2003). How Well Does Your Child's IEP Measure Up? Quality Indicators for Effective Service Delivery. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Volkmar, F. R., Paul, R., Klin, A., & Cohen, D. (Eds.) (2005). Handbook of autism and pervasive developmental disorders (3rd. ed.) (Vols. 1 & 2). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Wilkinson, L. A. (2010). A Best Practice Guide to Assessment and Intervention for Autism and Asperger Syndrome in Schools. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Wilkinson, L.A. (Ed.). (2014). Autism Spectrum Disorder in Children and Adolescents: Evidence-Based Assessment and Intervention in Schools. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Wilkinson, L. A. (2015). Overcoming Anxiety and Depression on the Autism Spectrum: A Self-Help Guide Using CBT. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Wilkinson, L. A. (2017). A Best Practice Guide to Assessment and Intervention for Autism Spectrum Disorder in Schools (2nd edition). London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Wilmshurst, L. & Brue, A. (2010). The complete guide to special education: Expert advice on evaluations, IEPs, and helping kids succeed (Second Edition). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Best Practice Resources
- American Psychiatric Association
- Autism Society of America
- Autism Speaks
- Best Practice Autism
- Cambridge University, Autism Research Centre
- Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- First Signs
- Indiana University, Indiana Resource Center for Autism
- Living Autism
- National Autism Center
- National Autistic Society
- National Institute of Student Health and Human Development Autism
- National Institute of Student Health and Human Development Autism
- National Institutes of Health Autism Research Network
- National Professional Developmental Center for Autism
- National Research Council
- Nova Southeastern University, Mailman Segal Institute
- Organization for Autism Research
- Parent Coaching for Autism
- Research Autism
- Sensory Bounce® Therapy
- University of California, M.I.N.D. Institute
- University of Kansas, Kansas Institute for Positive Behavior Support
- University of Michigan, Autism and Communication Disorders Center
- University of North Carolina, Treatment and Education of Autistic and Related Communication
- Yale Student Study Center Developmental Disabilities Clinic